Wednesday, December 17, 2008

To the Pacific North West via South.....

I decided to go south today since west was not looking good. The highway going west was already closed this morning. Albuquerque had no school today. They got any where from a dusting to about 4 inches in the foot hills.


Left early in the morning after cleaning a few inches of snow off my car and using my room key as an ice scraper. Got to Silver City early afternoon. Took the 70 mile mountain pass from the highway to get there. It was well worth the couple hour detour. I was thinking about camping and then going to find the hot springs in the morning. After finding a great camping spot, it started to snow and the temperature dropped to about 25 and was windy. Needless to say a little too cold to camp. Packed up and drove the 4 hours or so to Phoenix. Staying the night here. I will check the weather tomorrow. I have decided to bypass the Grand Canyon, as I have already been there and want to get to the coast of California. So hopefully I will be in Cali tomorrow. That should put me in Oregon by Xmas!






No comments: