Saturday, December 20, 2008

That's one big bitch!

I mean bridge. Drove over the Golden Gate Bridge today. Wait, not only did I drive over it, but I parked my car at the visitors lot and rode my bike over it too. It was huge. Very cool. I only saw 5 people jump, which is a slow day from what I understand.

I started the day in Morro Bay, and drove up the coast through Los Padres National Forest and Big Sur. Beautiful coast. So many vistas, look outs, small towns, picnic areas, pull outs, places to hike down to the beach, etc.... Almost no people too. I think this is a good time of year to do this. Other then it gets dark at 5:30 and is cold. Pictures don't do the coast justice. Anyone that has not been on the coast needs to. I could have spent a week exploring.

The road is incredibly winding. Just like switchbacks hiking up mountains. So, it is a slow drive but well worth it.

I did leave the coast north of San Fran, at Jenner which is almost a 100 miles from the city. It was dark and could not see much anyway so I figured I would hit the highway for a little bit. I am staying the night in Santa Rosa, which right in the middle of wine county.

Maybe a wine tour tomorrow before I head to Eureka and Redwood National forest. I have decided that I am going to go all the way up the coast of Oregon too. With any weather coming, at least it will just be rain on the coast. Doesn't look like it will take me much longer really. So, I may be in Oregon tomorrow, or Sunday. And will go to Astoria first, spend a few days there and then go to Hood River.










No comments: