Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The City of Angeles

Just drove from Phoenix to Venture, CA. That is about 60 miles north of Los Angeles. The first part of the drive was cool driving through the mountains. Mostly sunny, the mountains were huge. Tons of wind farms.

I guess I did not plan as well as I thought for rush hour. I got close to the city about 3PM. To go about 100 miles it took 4 hours. The first 2 didn't bother me. Miami had prepared me for anything. The last two was just boring. Oh ya, did I mention it was raining ans snowing too!

Well here I am on the coast. I would not be able to go much further north right due to the highways being closed because of snow. I think I may go get some chains for my tires, just in case. I can't see the ocean right now, but I shall find it tomorrow morning. Rumor has it that there is a brew pub in town. I will give a full report on the quality of the beer tomorrow morning.

Here is some good trivia for you. Did you know that California has the most number of breweries of any state. Last count 238.

No comments: